We all know that drinking water is good for us. If you didn’t know that then I’m not sure what you were taught growing up – I’ll always remember my mum drilling it in to me as a teen especially when all I wanted to do was drink soda but then complained when I had a breakout – ‘you need to drink 2 litres of water per day if you want beautiful skin and hair.’  I listened and knew she was right but it just didn’t taste as exciting as what I wanted to drink.  As I’ve got older and my taste has changed I actually don’t mind drinking water so much now, however besides the obvious fact above about skin and hair, I wanted to share some other fact with you in case you, like my younger self are struggling to consume enough of the natural stuff.  Read on to discover just why topping up regularly with H2O is going to help you in so many ways.

The human body is made up of around 60% water. I sometimes feel that the other 40% consists of unstable emotions and a few memes to be used when necessary. It’s also important to note that although the recommended amount of water is 2L per day, there’s not an actual statistical fact of how much you should be taking in so it’s best to drink it as often as possible.


For those of us that exercise (which I’m hoping is most of you), water helps to lubricate the joints so if you’re finding your have stiffness or soreness, then drinking more water will help with shock absorption as they will remain well hydrated.


It’s the most accessible and probably cheapest form of skincare. If you can’t get your hands on the latest ‘it’ beauty product to smooth skin and keep it looking fresh, you can reach for a glass of water and your results could be pretty similar.  It’s one of the best anti ageing products out there and is a key ingredient in all of your favourite skincare products anyway so you might as well drink it in it’s purest form right?


Did you know that water can make you smarter.  OK well perhaps not really , BUT it helps keep your brain working at its sharpest and enables you to concentrate therefore leading to maximum productivity and allow your brain to work closer to it’s maximum capacity.


Water can help assist with weight loss.  Now, by no means are we telling you to ONLY drink water – that’s actually pretty stupid if you ask me. However, drinking water can help speed up the metabolic rate, which means that if can aid weight loss (as long as you’re still sticking to a balanced diet and exercising regularly.)


Most of us have suffered from a headache at some point in our life.  Whether it’s from a hangover or an unknown reason, it’s your brains way of saying ‘hey, can you help me out a little here, I’m dehydrated!’  Water is the only thing that can naturally cure headaches.

There are so many more benefits of drinking water the list really could go on and on but I think you get the point by now.  Next time you feel the thirst come on, reach for some water and know that you’re helping yourself in so many ways more than you realise!  Happy gulping!

Join Now

Become a member and gain access to exclusive recipes and training videos. Join the Danielle Peazer Method and #trainlikeadancer

Become a member

stay connected

Danielle Peazer Method
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.

Join the crew

Join the Danielle Peazer Method to signup to the newsletter, gain entry to exclusive giveaways, the latest news, plus early access to training groups

Sign me up!